Thursday, March 30, 2006

Political Animal - Recording for Radio 4

Another Radio recording, another free night out. (It's News Quiz tonight.)

This time recording was taking place at ULU. I was late, again, sorry guys. Still we did get in.

Having seen John Oliver and Andy Zaltzman's Political Animal show that they did at Soho Theatre just before Christmas we knew what to expect. 3 Acts introduced by John and Andy. However it was explained that whilst the 3 acts were being recorded, John and Andy were not. Their parts were going to be added nearer the time of airing. That led to a catchphrase being formed of 'that won't be making it to air.'

The 3 acts were Jeremy Hardy, who I love, but wasn't on top form I didn't feel. I think he perhaps comes across best when he is off script and being mischevious on News Quiz (Fingers crossed for tonight.) Pete Cain was on next, his act went down well, though me and Caz had already seen it nearly word for word at the show Political Animal show last year. Finally I thought Glenn Wool stole the show. We saw him for the briefest minute on Monday. I hope he comes across as well on the radio as he did on stage. I worry that his material worked so well because of his mannerisms.

It was fun night out again, I've applied for priority tickets next week's show. Yay!

This show should go out next week at 11pm on the 4th April on Radio 4.

No comments: