Thursday, March 09, 2006

Marks Birthday and the No Music policy of the Sam Smith's pubs

We went to the Princess Louise in Holborn last night for Mark's Birthday. Having only had the run of the shops in Wandsworth to find a present, I did what I always do in this situation, and headed for The Entertainer.

I got a lovely brightly coloured kids wooden xylophone. Shit I know. But I thought it could enhance the guitar playing going on at his house.

Turns out that a children's wooden xylophone can nearly get you kicked out of a Samuel Smith's pub. I completely forgot the have a No Music Policy. Apparently our random tapping on the blocks constituted music, so expect to see us all performing at Glastonbury in 2007.

I mean the joyless cow behind the bar actually refused to serve us, until it was put away. How mad is that. It is a noisy pub, I hardly think our 2 minutes tapping on a kids toy was really going to deafen or disturb anyone. As it was because she kicked up a fuss we ended up playing it more just to spite her. Well you would wouldn't you for fuck's sake.

No comments: