Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Linda Smith

If I had to name my favourite female comic, something I don't like having to do, (no one asks for your favourite male comic do they?) anyway, it would be Linda Smith.

I have just heard the really sad news that she has died. I had tickets for the News Quiz on Thursday and had hoped, as I do every time I go, that she would be there along with Jeremy Hardy or Mark Steel. She was great on News Quiz, as well as Just A Minute. Her appearances on Have I Got News For You were notable not just for her array of Paul Frank t-shirts, but because she is one of the few people who could equal Paul Merton for quickness and flights of fancy.











Find articles here:

BBC Tributes
BBC Obituary

The Guardian - Interviews with friends
The Guardian - Jeremy Hardy Writes

The Independent - News Story with quotes
The Independent Profile
The Independent Obituary

The Times Obituary

The British Humanist Association

No comments: