Monday, March 27, 2006

Civilisation - Chris Addison, Dan Tetsell, Jo Enright, Geoffrey McGivern - Last recording

I took Tim to the final recording of Civilisation last night. We arrived at a reasonably early time like I did last time, only to find the doors shut, with a note on them stating doors wouldn't be opened until 6.15pm. The Jubilee line was not running and it was Mothering Sunday, so I think that there was a staff problem. Oh well, we queued anyway regardless of the rain. (It's what my parka was invented for.)

So early/british/queuefiends were we, that we got the front row middle seats. Introducing my friends to any of my favourite comedians is always difficult as I obviously want my friends to love them as much as I do. Chris "Look at his hair, he's so cute" (The Kooks/Emma ©) Addison is one of my favourite comedians of the past couple of years. I don't think he disappointed. As tonights show was the last one of the series, there was a bit of a last day at school mentality, and it was Geoffery McGivern's messing about which stole the show.

The best bit Geoffery's character, the professor, reading from his thesis on children and tradition, "Stop Crying, and put the bells on your feet. Teaching children traditions."

Love it. The show is being aired from the 5th April at 6.30pm on Radio 4.

No comments: