Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Rakes - Koko - 7th October

We went to a the NME night at Koko courtesy of Lucy and her connections. We were told that there were over 300 people on the guest list. We some how managed to wangle VIP wristbands. Though they didn’t actually entitle us to anything more than a paper wristband it seems. After wandering around all the levels trying to find some secret room and coming up against clueless bouncer after clueless bouncer, we gave up finding out what it was for.


So Me, Caz, Lucy and Richard watched The Rakes from the ground floor, just about getting a good view. I was pleasantly surprised by them. I'm thinking I will have to buy their album. I can see them being another Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party or Kaiser Chiefs and suddenly taking off and selling shit loads of albums.

Lucy has a thing for Alan the singer, I don't see it myself. Wiry looking fellow.
Mad dancing. Reminiscent of Ian Curtis, or that long forgotten band Terris. And you know what they say, you can tell a lot about somebodies love-making skills by the way they dance. I'm thinking he might be a bit of liability!

Lucy was given a tip off that the encore of 22 Grand Job might be a bit special. Cue us hoping for various bands invading. But there was no sign of Kele or Maximo Park, instead we got choreographed dancing women dressed as sexy secretaries.

Oh well. A good evening, rounded off with a few drinks in Quinn's. Not very rock 'n' roll I know. But if we could have found that mysterious VIP bar then maybe we wouldn't have left.

No comments: