Monday, October 17, 2005

Perrier London Season - Laura Solon and Jason Manford

Jason Manford

Previously I have written the words “The new Peter Kay. Supposedly.” His hour is still a pleasant one. It was nice to see him interact with such a large audience and make it feel almost instantly like we were just in a tiny comedy club, and we were all his friends. It is only a matter of time before we start to see Jason’s beaming face hosting every Channel 4 quiz show ousting Jimmy Carr.

Laura Solon

This was the show that I most wanted to see transfer from Edinburgh to London. From tiny backroom of a pub to a West End Theatre. With only a few changes to the running order of the 8 different characters to allow for easier costume changes, it was pretty much the same. It felt good to hear the entire London audience finding the same jokes funny. “My husband left me. I knew it wouldn’t work out, cos I am a Carpricorn, where as he is a cunt.”
Go and catch her at the Soho Theatre

No comments: