Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Spinto Band - Dingwalls, Camden

Me and Tim went along to catch The Spinto Band play at the reasonably small Dingwalls yesterday. Having seen them on Jools Holland last series, I kind of knew to expect a slightly oddball, kooky band to play. It's very hard not to find yourself just staring at the one member who dances around in a strange manner as he plays guitar, even when he's not on main singing duties.

I do recommend going to see them live, they will keep you entertained. And if you haven't got the album, why not? Go buy it. *


The set was finished off with a cover version of Tiffany's "I think we're alone now." I'm ashamed to say that after a few drinks I more than happy to join in with the handclaps and dancing. Still it was a good night.

* Word of Warning: The copy of the Spinto Band album on CD (nice and nicely done) that I possess is one of those non-CD discs, which computers won't recognise. And no amount of software that I have for these such shiny things would let my itunes see it. Mmmm, still worth getting hold of a copy though.

No comments: