Monday, June 01, 2009

We are ok to launch

With Springwatch showing on telly this week, I had my own little bit of wildlife action in the back of our garden today.

I'd been outside watering the chilli plants and had gone back in the house, leaving the patio door open for some fresh evening air, but there were 100's midges were circling under the trees, I was worried they'd come in the house. So I went to shut the patio door. Just as I did so, out of nowhere, in a panic of feathers and squeaking, 8 little blue tits came crashing into the patio window right in front of me. Several plopping to the floor, the rest flapping landed on near by plant pots and chairs.
Photobucket
Tit
They spent the next few minutes getting used to their wings and on-board, built-in navigation systems, before making back over the fence and out of our garden.

No comments: