Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Palm Beach - 17th April

Another day, another beach. But do you recognise this one??


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




How about if I show you the nearby Surf Club??


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Oh and camera crew?
Yes that's right it's Summer Bay, or Palm Beach as it's really called.


Look it even says Club Official is A. Stewart.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was lucky enough to plan my trip on a day they were filming. Not that it meant all that much to me, as I haven't seen it in years and recognised no one being filmed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



But for a few dollars I had a lovely day out, taking a bus all the way up the coast, past beach after beach. Arriving in Palm Beach I was amazed to find the beach nigh on deserted. It wasn't because of filming, but because the surf at Palm Beach is a bit unpredictable, so swimming and surfing are prohibited for most of it. So there was just me and the odd other person walking the length of it, dipping our toes in occasionally. It's easy to see why they use it as a filming location.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



After sitting on the beach with an ice cream for a bit, getting windswept, I went back to watch a bit of filming before deciding it was time to head back.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting