Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Cornwall and it's beaches - 13th to 17th April

Tim very kindly took me to Cornwall for a break during Easter. We stayed at some very pleasant B&B's at Newquay, just off Fistral Beach, so we were in walking distance of the beach. And then we took daytrips out to all the places you're supposed to visit as a tourist. Rick Steinville or Padstow as it used to be called. We had some of his fish and chips, I have to say they were good. St Ives - I really loved the little streets, and all there nooks and crannys. Mousehole - a disappointing amount of cats about, apparently there are loads basking in the sun in summer, but nice all the same. And many more places besides.



We had to visit the new cornish tourist hot spot of Boscastle




We sat out on the cliffs at Boscastle to see those waves in action as the tide came in.

We had a brief pitstop at St Agnes for a Cornish Pasty and some sea air.

As some of you will know there was talk of me donning a wetsuit and getting in the water.
I would just like to explain, it's April.
Pleasant but cold English weather.
I dipped a toe in, it was bloody freezing.
Only a mad person would have gone in that water.

Tim swears it's warm.

That it's not that cold.

That you get used to it.
Mmmmm.

Still Fistral beach isn't just for bodyboarding.

It has lovely sunsets too.

I hope to go back soon.

No comments: