Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Porto - 15th September 2009

I had a lovely day on Tuesday, taking a day trip to Viana, via Porto in Portugal. Yes, that's there and back in a day. With a taxi booked at 3.30am to get me to Stansted Airport for a flight at 6.05am, I was a little tired to say the least as we boarded the plane.

This is probably not the first image you'd like to see of Portugal, but this amused me. Taken in the Porto Airport toilets, the Portuguese seem to have a problem with people putting items of clothing down the toilet. Mmmm not sure I've ever felt the need to shove my T-shirt or gloves down the toilet. Assuming they are of course gloves, it could be hands, but that is an even scarier thought.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a tour of a factory, we were taken to lunch beside the pretty docks, where there were some expensive looking yachts. Thanks to our non-English speaking driver travelling at speeds of 100mph+ it took us no time at all to get there. At one point he did slow down, but then we realised why when he took a detour off the route to give a police car behind the slip.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sometime around just before midnight we landed back in Stansted and after a frustrating hour clearing customs and waiting for my taxi, I was finally on my way home, to be back in bed by 3am. Phew. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: