Saturday, September 08, 2007

Lab Rats - 7th September

I went with Caroline and Adam to see the recording of a new sitcom, Lab Rats yesterday. It's written by Chris Cooper and Chris Addison, and stars the latter, along with Geoffrey McGivern, Dan Tetsell and Jo Enright, Chris's usual motley crue from his radio shows.

Seeing this first episode being recorded I have to say I'm looking forward to it appearing on tv. It had some nice set ups to jokes. I'd expect it to be looked upon as a science geek brother to the IT crowds computer geek. It's being executively directed by Armando Iannucci and is going straight to BBC2; no faffing around on BBC3 first.

I won't spoil any of the jokes, but I'll give you the set up. Lab Rats is set in a research laboratory called Arnolfini, part of St. Dunstan's college, set up to make some money for the college by carrying out research for other people. However Chris's character seems to be the only sensible one in the lab.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'd recommend going along to see an episode being recorded, there are still tickets available for shows every Friday until the 12th October. Be aware though it takes a while for them to record each show. Our recording from the studio doors opening to the finish time was 4 hours. We were kept thoroughly entertained the whole time by the crew and the warm-up, comedian Patrick Monahan. I had to leave an hour before it finished to make sure I caught my train home, however Caz and Adam stayed to the end and got given cake by Chris for their patience.

No comments: