Sunday, June 25, 2006

Day trip to Brighton - 24th June

With no Glastonbury on this year, Luce and Rich came up with the great idea of a trip to Brighton. So with them booked into a hotel just off sea front for the weekend, Ali and Craig, me and Tim headed down there for a day of shopping, fish 'n' chips and a few beers.

Brighton Pavillion

Sitting eating Fish, chips and mushy peas on Brightons shingle beach, with a can of beer on a bright sunny day. Going someway to compensate us for not sitting in a muddy field listening to some new fangled indie band.

The view from the pier.


There was a Shock Announcement whilst we were out on the pier...

Though some of us felt they weren't taking their vows seriously...


...until a further shock announcement that Ali and Craig's wedding was null and void, as Craig and Rich had already tied the not in a secret ceremony not moments before...

It's hard to resist a relax on a deckchair



I haven't been on a rollercoaster in years. I must be getting old, even the tame rides are bloody expensive. We go on just the one.

Great View.

You don't wanna be eating that...

No really you don't wanna be eating that*...

Best place for it I reckon...

* Please note that eating everything off Brigton Pier in one sitting can lead to a very upset stomach for a day or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a real fun day in Brighton, hope you enjoyed your fish and chips and mushy peas. Sorry to hear that you think that it was the Biltong that actually made you sick. Sounds like fish might have had more of a chance of being "off" on a hot sunny day than the so called biltong. Just a little insight to biltong, (your picture was actually of "dry Wors" not biltong!) you are obviously not South African, and every time I have been at the Biltong Hut they have had a tray out with TRY ME on it, did you not try it before you bought it? I do, especially as it's free.(must be a student thing)
I am assuming that you have contacted The Biltong Hut owner and let her know of your accusation. Any reasonable person would!! She may have a good case against you for slander especially with no direct proof. Sorry, I am a Law student who buys every week at The Hut and find this quite distasteful, especially your photo of the Dry Wors in an ashtray of all disgusting places. Anyway I will be going to The Hut on Tuesday, as usual, and will ask Debbie if you have made contact.

notputtingupshelves said...

Oh dear, oh dear, correction made.

Still he asked for Biltong, he assumed that's what he got. It was apparently the only thing left that late in the day.

I'd love to think that something else caused Tim to be unwell for 24 hours, but since that was the only thing he ate that I didn't...

At the end of the day if we could have proved it was any one of the establishments we frequented we would have done. It's never that easy though is it? It could just as well have been Tim having a funny reaction to it and not necessarily anything wrong with it.

I did only print this as a humorous aside. I didn't actually expect anyone else out there to read it other than a few friends. No doubt you felt better for your rant.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, it probably was the Biltong/Dry Wors. I happened to eat the same fish on that lovely hot summers day - it was delicious and I suffered no ill affects!

I think we're possibly being a little sensitive Law Student. I'm certain that Not Putting up Shelves was merely stating that the Biltong/Dry Wors had simply rumbled Tims sensitive English Stomach.

As for the Ashray, in my opinion (I am allowed one), and I mean no offence to Debbie and her Hut - it was the best place for it!

I hope you can appreciate the humour intended in my comment, and I hope that you continue to enjoy your Biltong from the Hut!