Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Guillemots - Scala - 30th May

I got tickets to see the much hyped Guillemots at the Scala (I'm not doing that stRanGE letter thing they do with the nAmE on the principle it's sHit.)
























Somewhere in amongst the hour and 3/4's that they performed was an ok half hour dying to get out. So much of their time on stage was spent creating a noise, not music. Everyone playing there instruments like they were tuning them, really loudly. I don't mind that when it then slowly comes together and before you know it you've got a tune emerging. But this was just a clattering sound of horns, keyboards and guitars.

It's a shame really, but by the end I was just too tired to listen to it any more. I guess they are worth checking out, but on disc, or video until they tone down the over the top, I'm clever, poncing about.

Check them out here from the night.

Songs here.

Videos, Made Up Love Song here and We're Here here!

No comments: